To ensure your files are printed correctly and delivered on time, please take the time to ensure you check these simple steps when creating your press ready PDF.
If you have any questions or are unsure how to complete any steps please call us on 07 5529 1433, as we are more than happy to help.
• Export the pdf with preset – Press Quality so that the image resolution is not reduced to less than 300dpi and specify Output Colour Destination as Coated FOGRA39.
• Ensure all files are flattened.
• Supply a multiple page pdf with 1 up artwork on each page.
• Use CMYK not RGB. All artwork to be supplied in CMYK color mode unless specified for spot colour jobs.
• Overprints must be turned off.
• Supply with crop marks and 3mm bleed.
GRAPHIC ELEMENTS CHECKLIST
• When designing no text should be placed any closer than 3mm to any trim edge of the page.
• All fine text should be in black only, not 4 colour.
• Bitmaps images placed at 300dpi.
• All images have been converted from RGB to CMYK. GC Print takes no responsibility if any part of a supplied document is not saved as CMYK.
• Pictures should be placed at 100% size. Do not enlarge more than 130% and do not reduce more than 50%.
GC Print will only accept Adobe Acrobat (PDF) as final artwork. Artwork which does not adhere to these specifications will incur artwork charges.
• All fonts must be embedded or you can outline fonts before creating a pdf to avoid issues.
Rich Black – You can work with a variety of rich black mixtures, our standard being C:30% M:30% Y:30% K:100%.
Ink Coverage – In order to prevent issues with your print job, do not have overall ink coverage of more than 300%.
Overprint Black Text – When using black text over a coloured background set the text fill to overprint. By doing this you are making the black print ‘on top’ of the background. Avoiding thin white lines around the text when printed. Do not overprint any other coloured text or object unless trying to achieve a specific effect.
Proof Reading – Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a toatl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Or rather… According to a researcher at Cambridge University, it doesn’t matter in what order the letters in a word are, the only important thing is that the first and last letter be at the right place. The rest can be a total mess and you can still read it without problem. This is because the human mind does not read every letter by itself but the word as a whole. Proof etxra cautiosuly
Folded Products – Folded brochures must be supplied with fold marks outside the bleed Area.
6pp DL Brochures– Roll fold panels are, outside from left to right, 97mm, 100mm and 100mm, with the front page being the RHS. The inside therefore is 100mm, 100mm and 97mm from left to right again.
Presentation Folders / Die Cutting – We have a range of existing Die Formes available for use. Please advise if you require a new or unique Die Forme and we will be happy to assist you. Please not there will be a one off charge to produce any new Die Formes.
Foiled Jobs – Foiled colour must be set as a specific PMS swatch on the supplied press ready artwork. Please remember to set it to overprint or if supplied on a separate file remember to also supply a PROOF for our reference.
STANDARD PRODUCT SIZES
A6 148 x 105mm DL 210 x 99mm A5 210 x 148mm A4 210 x 297mm A3 420 x 297mm A2 594 x 420mm A1 840 x 594mm
A Frame 600 x 900mm PUB 2000 x 850mm Display 30 x 40 inch
Standard 90 x 55mm Slimline 90 x 45mm
DL 220 x 100mm DLX 235 x 120mm C4 324 x 229mm C5 162 x 229mm B6 125 x 176mm B4 353 x 250mm
When you have checked your files and are ready to upload, please login or contact us for your unique user login.